Forsyth police reports are available pursuant to the Missouri Sunshine Law (610.100 RSMo). Our goal when releasing police reports is to protect the rights of those individuals named in the report. As a result, police reports can be retrieved for the following persons:
- Persons involved in the incident (victim, suspect, property owner);
- Family members of persons involved in the incident if the person involved in the incident is deceased or incompetent
- Witnesses to an incident (named in the report).
- Attorneys and insurers for persons involved (see additional information below).
Criminal Incident and Accident Reports are available to the above-
In order to ensure the proper report is located, you will be asked to provide as much information about the requested report as possible, including:
- Date and location of occurrence
- Case Number (if known)
- Names of persons involved
- Names of police officers working the case (if known)
All requests for police reports from attorneys, insurance companies and report collection agencies must be submitted by U.S. Mail. Please enclose a self-
Custodian of Records
Forsyth Police Department
PO Box 545
Forsyth, MO 65653
Requests by attorneys should be on official letterhead and clearly identify the client being represented. The attorney’s bar number and an original signature are required on the request.
Insurance company requests should be on official letterhead, including the insured’s name, date and location of the incident, and case number if known.
The Forsyth Police Department reserves the right to seek additional information or documents that confirm the requesting party is a licensed attorney, bonafide insurance company, report collection agency, or other relevant interested party. Any request for police reports may be forwarded to the Forsyth city attorney for legal considerations before a report is released.